Ever thought about keeping a hedge of colorful trees or limbs trimmed to look like a well-manicured sculpture?
Hedges are best left to good old manual trimming, and electric hedge trimmers come second. So, if you’ve ever wanted to keep a topiary, you’re definitely going to need a great set of hedge trimmers to do the job. So, here’s everything you need to know about electric hedge trimmers and how to choose the best for your needs.
|Gtech HT20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer …||Best Overall|
1. Gtech HT20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer …
- This hedge trimmer has been sold through more than 10,000 retailers since 2000, so it is well-regarded
- It comes with an auto-stop feature that prevents users from over-cutting and ensures safety
- The HT20 is less noisy than other trimmers, making it suitable for residential use
- It weighs 2.4kg and is easy to carry around, making it effective for use in garden beds
- Its 16cm steel blade has a slight curve that effectively shears plants off, without leaving jagged edges
- The cordless feature means that users don’t have to worry about power-supply issues, and can carry it around to where it needs to be.
- The hedge trimmer’s blades don’t show any signs of rusting even after 8 hours of continuous use, ensuring long-term performance for buyers.
- It has a 2.5-meter cable that can be quickly wound around the body for easy storage
- Hedge trimmers need to be heavy enough to cut through thick branches, and the light weight of the Gtech means it’s not ideal for heavy duty work.
2. MUDSHI Garden Plant Support Cage
- offers a complete solution for stabilizing and training plants
- a great price for the quality of these steel loops
- comes with a heavy-duty carrying bag to keep the cuffs clean and dry
- the cuffs are quite large and pretty heavy
- it can be difficult to differentiate between the different sizes of the cuffs when storing them in the bag
Protector Trimming Rings, Blue.
If you’re looking for a good bargain on metal plant cage cuffs, then this set from MUDSHI could be a great solution to your gardening needs. This protective metal cuffs offer a great solution for stabilizing plants and training them by winding them around the cuffs. Plus it’s an inexpensive way to keep your plants healthy and strong by keeping them from falling over.
The cuffs come in three different sizes – 1.25 inch, 1.5 inch, and 1.75 inch. No matter your gardening needs, there’s a cuff in this set to suit your needs. The cuffs are about 10 inches long so they’re long enough to accommodate taller plants. Plus the cuffs come with large grips on one side, which makes it easy to move them around.
3. Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub And Grass Shear Set
If you’re looking to keep your lawn in shape, the Isio could be an ideal option for you. The blades feature a Dual-Cut technology that makes your trimming work easier. The cutting elements also stop rotating after 68 seconds after you’ve released the trigger. This is to keep you and your family safe. Located at the heel of the handle, this button also lets you quickly reset your hedge trimmer to zero. This powerful hedge trimmer can cut through branches up to 64mm in diameter on a single charge. What’s more? The innovative Bosch ErgoGrip anti-vibration handle makes your work a little easier with the RedLithium XC5.2 battery. The slim ergonomic design of the handle offers better control and less fatigue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best electric hedge trimmer to buy?
The rear handle trimmers are great for people who do a lot of trimming and have wide gardens. The rear-handle trimmers feel more like a regular hedge trimmer, and the ability to hold the trimmer away from your body means that you can cut over low branches.
If you are after the best electric hedge trimmer, it needs to have the following:
Power: The more power, the easier the hedge trimming will be.
Swivel Handle/Spinner Head: A head that can twist and turn independently makes it easier to get to those hard to reach areas.
Cutting Length: Short, medium, or long? What materials are you trimming?
Corded or Cordless: Corded trimmers are generally heavier, but they have more power, and you can move them in any direction.
Which is better corded or cordless hedge trimmer?
There are two options when buying electric hedge trimmer, a bigger deal than most people realize. Normally you will find a cordless hedge trimmer, which is a little cheaper and lighter than its corded counterpart. The main advantage of the cordless hedge trimmer is the mobility it offers you. Another advantage is that no issues arise when cutting through rocks and fences.The disadvantage is that you need a specific charger for your hedge trimmer, which is always in use and needs to be charged. The other option is a corded hedge trimmer. A little bigger, heavier and sometimes more expensive, but being corded offers you unlimited free movement without any cords to worry about. The main disadvantage is that you cannot move freely, and that not all models are compatible with extension cords.
How do you maintain an electric hedge trimmer?
The first thing you’ll need to do is to change the guides of the trimmer on a regular basis. A good set of shears should be replaced every three months. Keep in mind that these trimmers are designed to cut at a 45-degree angle which means that the blades will hit back towards you.
When you’re changing the guide or using the trimmer, be sure to wear gloves and eye protection. A clean hedge trimmer is a happy hedge trimmer.
If you’re not sure whether you have the tools and skills to do this kind of maintenance on your own, then you should seek help from a professional. You can also break the job into chunks and do it once every couple of months, that way you can get your hedge trimming done for a few years without having to invest in a new set of trimmers.
What is the best lubricant for hedge trimmers?
In order to ensure a long service life, the blades must be lubricated before using the hedge trimmer and after every use. There is a chain oil area between the blades but it is often sufficient to lubricate them with a pruning oil.
Butterfly bushes, topiaries and other decorative shrubs and hedges are the focal point of an outdoor setting. But sometimes, the stems might require a little taming.
Like using a shears for those thicker stems and branches.
Or using a pair of scissors to cut the thinner ones.
When that happens, you need the best electric hedge trimmers you could buy. Electric hedge trimmers are suitable for all kinds of hedges and bushes and they’re particularly useful for trimming hedges without getting tangled in the branches, since you stand back from it.
|Gtech HT20 Cordless Hedge Trimmer …||Best Overall|